Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Warriors split with Clippers

Playing for the first time in June and with a makeshift lineup prompted by the absence of their top three hitters, the Warriors split with the Clear Creak Amana Clippers Wednesday night at McKinley Field.

A 2-1 victory in game one gave the Warriors a season-high five-game winning streak dating back nearly a month to the Holiday Park Labor Day Tournament. Mitch Blades got the win in four innings of relief of Robert Hogg.

The Warriors could only muster three hits in a 3-1 loss in game two. Will Teubel took the loss.

I won't pretend to give a full report as if I were there, because you know I wasn't. I was at Washington where Zach Zingula and Jordy Brown helped the Warrior sophomores sweep Davenport North 16-3 and 14-4. Thanks to Cheryl Niemeyer and Bill Teubel for pinch-hitting with concessions and score keeping respectively.

The Warriors host a pair of doubleheaders this weekend -- against the Corridor Mudcats beginning at noon Saturday and against the Firehawks beginning at 1 p.m. Sunday. All games are at McKinley.

Read this document on Scribd: Game 27 CCA Clippers 061808 box


Read this document on Scribd: Game 27 CCA Clippers 061808 composite


Read this document on Scribd: Game 27 CCA Clippers 061808 playbyplay


Read this document on Scribd: Game 28 CCA Clippers 061808 box


Read this document on Scribd: Game 28 CCA Clippers 061808 composite


Read this document on Scribd: Game 28 CCA Clippers 061808 playbyplay


Read this document on Scribd: Overall Statistics

No comments: